WE HAVE DONE THE WRONG THING
Josdan-Bel Pty Ltd (ACN: 081 076 066) (‘Ray White Epping’), acknowledges that we breached the Estate Agents Act 1980, including underquoting provisions.
We did this by:
Obtaining an authority to sell:
- without first providing an estimated selling price; and/or
- without first ensuring that the difference between the upper and lower limit of an estimated selling price range did not exceed 10 per cent of the amount of the lower limit.
Publishing statements of information for properties that:
- did not specify the correct residential property to which a median selling price relates;
- contained an out-dated median price; and/or
- were not in the legally required form.
- payment for costs, without stating in the authority to sell how much the vendor would pay; and/or
- payment of commission, without calculating and advising the fee in the legally required way.
We have agreed to:
- Implement a compliance program to ensure that we do not further breach the Estate Agents Act 1980 and;
- Contribute $5,000 to the Victorian Consumer Law Fund.
This notice is published and paid for by Josdan-Bel Pty Ltd trading as Ray White Epping in accordance with an Enforceable Undertaking accepted by the Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria.